(an old note from a facebook RP)
Harry slept, he was still chained in the cold lonely cell that Adrian Veidt had imprisoned him to wait his fate. His mind dreamt of wonderful things, he felt free, free from the sound of drums and free from the torment and anger that usually engrossed him.
The red grass blew in the wind as he sat on the soft ground leaning against a tree, He felt content basking in the glow of the two suns that shone in the burnt orange sky. He waited patiently for his friend to arrive, this was their usual meeting place. the large tree situated on the west side of the timelord academy.
He checked the time and frowned "late again" he muttered to himself, he was just about to leave when he heard a familiar voice call from the distance "Koschei...wait! I'm here.." a young boy the same age ran up to him and bent over in front of him panting "I.." he gasped "I fell asleep...Sorry" he said trying to catch his breath."You seriously need to get your priority's straight...we have our initiation ceremony's tomorrow remember, you should be preparing for that" he moaned to his friend. "Anyway, why did you want to meet...I'm supposed to be at home, father wanted to discuss things through with me so I know what to expect"
"Well that's what I wanted to speak to you about" he sat down ""Koschei sit please..." Koschei stared at his friend for a moment "fine but make it quick I'm already late home as it is" he sighed sitting down next to his best friend.
"right...well....basically.." He paused for a moment looking down and picking at the red grass "oh I have a bad feeling about tomorrow...I don't know why but its like a gut feeling.... I've heard bad stories..." he frowned worriedly at his best friend. "Oh please they're just rumours" snapped Koschei "Nothing bad will happen, why do you insist on spoiling this for me?" "No Koschei I'm not...I have no intention to, I'm just worried, some...some have come back strange" "just stop this..enough!" Koschei said slightly raising his voice" he then sighed "look it'll will be fine OK" he tried to reassure his friend "we go, we look, we come back to become whoever we will become, simple!"
He knew he wouldn't convince Koschei of his concerns so he gave up "OK.. I'm being stupid, but just....just promise me you'll be careful...please?" he was almost pleading his friend "I will be fine" stop the worrying he smiled. "I've got to go, fathers going to go mad when he realises how late I am. "I'll see you tomorrow after my initiation, maybe I'll come back with two heads or something" he grinned "Koschei don't joke..." his friend replied with a solid frown. "Oh lighten up, Look Ill see you tomorrow, here after sunrise. don't be late!" he said as he walked away leaving his friend sitting under the tree with a expression that showed pure anxiety. He had a sense of dread that this would be the last time he saw his good friend....o.k yes he would see him tomorrow, but why did he think things would be different.....
Night had fallen upon Galifrey. the burnt orange sky was now black. Koschei was at home preparing for his initiation.
"Koschei its time, they're here to take you" he heard his father call. He stood up from his bed and looked at himself in the mirror. he wore a crimson robe, he could see the nerves in his own eyes "it'll be fine...it'll be fine" he told himself as his friends words of warning repeated in his head continuously. "I'm coming Father" he replied and took a deep breath and made his way downstairs.
The timelords guided him through the dark woodland area near to the mountains of solitude. he could feel his stomach doing somersaults as he approached the untempered schism. He looked back at the other timelords for reassurance but they had stopped, one ushered him forwards towards the black gaping hole in reality. "look into it boy" he ordered and stepped away leaving him standing alone in front of this powerful creation. He swallowed hard and stared into the darkness. at first it was wonderful, he could see and feel every wonder of the universe, all of time and space flowed into his mind, it was amazing. the outstanding things he saw but as quickly as it had started it had ended with a swirling motion in the schism...darkness and death engulfed him. He tried to avert his eyes but he just couldnt fight it. and then it began, the noise, the drumming, the constant four beats in his mind. neverending.....neverending......
Harry woke up with a start in the Cell, his eyes were wide and he was drenched in sweat. the sound in his head pounding to get out. struggling to get himself up into a sitting position he finally pulled his knees to his chest and rocked slightly. "stop it...stop it..." he muttered confused to why he had dreamt that. he didn't want to relive his past....how he used to be, and his friendship with the doctor, oh that was the last thing he ever wanted to remember.
He continued to rock in the corner of the cell trying to block out the sound of drums, he had been locked up in solitary confinement for only one night, and this is how it had effected him.
suddenly the cell hatch opened and he vaguely heard someone shout down the corridor "Sir...I think he's gone insane..." a voice echoed back as did the footsteps approaching "what do you mean gone insane...he is a madman...he is completely insane as it is soldier!" but as the officer looked through the hatch he saw Harry huddled in the corner rocking and muttering to himself. "I think we better inform Mr Veidt of this..." he stared at the madness before his eyes then slammed the hatch shut....
No comments:
Post a Comment